COMPANY INFORMATION & FINANCIAL ADVICE PROVIDER DISCLOSURE
Bolster Risk Management is registered (FSP731572) and licensed Financial Advice Provider. The company was formed in June 2020. We help clients by educating and guiding you at a pace you agree with, through each stage in your insurance and finance journey, enabling you to choose your own financial position, specific to your purpose.
BOLSTER RISK MANAGEMENT LIMITED (FSP731572) holds a Class 2 licence issued by the Financial Markets Authority (FMA) to provide financial advice.
NATURE AND SCOPE OF THE ADVICE
We provide advice to our clients about their life insurance, health insurance KiwiSaver and managed funds. Our financial advisers provide financial advice in relation to these financial advice products. We only provide financial advice about products from certain providers:
KIWISAVER & MANAGED FUNDS
|Cigna Life||Accuro Health|
In providing you with financial advice, we will only consider existing term life, disability, trauma, income replacement and health insurance policies (if any). We will not provide advice on legacy whole of life or endowment products.
Business Risk insurance including: Business Life, Serious Illness, Disability, Key Person, Business Expenses, Debt Protection, Shareholder Buyout, Loss of Revenue, Waiver of Premium Insurance
Will & Testament – we provide Wills that are ‘zero advice’ and simple in nature.
We can refer you a Mortgage Broker, General Insurance, accountant and lawyer. We may receive payment for this referral.
FEES OR EXPENSES
BOLSTER RISK MANAGEMENT does not charge fees, expenses or any other amount for the financial advice provided to its clients.
CONFLICTS OF INTEREST AND INCENTIVES
BOLSTER RISK MANAGEMENT and our financial advisers receive commissions from the providers on whose products we give financial advice (the insurers and KiwiSaver providers). If you decide to take out insurance, or to take our KiwiSaver advice, the provider will pay a commission to BOLSTER RISK MANAGEMENT who will then pay a commission to your financial adviser. The amount of commission is based on the amount of the premium, or the KiwiSaver balance.
From time to time, product providers may also reward us for the overall business we provide to them. They may give us tickets to sports events, hampers, or other incentives. To ensure that our financial advisers prioritise the client’s interests above their own, we follow an advice process that ensures our recommendations are made on the basis of the client’s goals and circumstances.
COMPLAINTS HANDLING AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION
If you are not satisfied with our financial advice service you can make a complaint by emailing email@example.com, or by calling Dominic: 0211 849 007. You can also write to us at: 129D Onewa Road, Northcote. AUCKLAND.
When we receive a complaint, we will consider it following our internal complaints process:
- We will consider your complaint and let you know how we intend to resolve it. We may need to contact you to get further information about your complaint.
- We aim to resolve complaints within 10 working days of receiving them. If we can’t, we will contact you within that time to let you know we need more time to consider your complaint.
- We will contact you by phone or email to let you know whether we can resolve your complaint and how we propose to do so. If we can’t resolve your complaint, or you aren’t satisfied with the way we propose to do so, you can contact Financial Services Complaints Limited (FSCL.
Financial Services Complaints Limited (FSCL provides a free, independent dispute resolution service that may help investigate or resolve your complaint, if we haven’t been able to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction. Financial Services Complaints Limited (FSCL). This service will cost you nothing, and will help us resolve any disagreements. You can contact FSCL at:
Address: PO Box 5967, Wellington 6145
Contact Details: 0800 347 257 // firstname.lastname@example.org
BOLSTER RISK MANAGEMENT, and anyone who gives financial advice on our behalf, have duties under the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013 relating to the way that we give advice. We are required to:
- Give priority to your interests by taking all reasonable steps to make sure our advice isn’t materially influenced by our own interests
- Exercise care, diligence, and skill in providing you with advice
- Meet standards of competence, knowledge and skill set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services (these are designed to make sure that we have the expertise needed to provide you with advice)
- Meet standards of ethical behaviour, conduct and client care set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services (these are designed to make sure we treat you as we should, and give you suitable advice).
This is only a summary of the duties that we have. More information is available by contacting us, or by visiting the Financial Markets Authority website at https://www.fma.govt.nz.
There have been no Professional Indemnity insurance or negligence claims, disputes resolution actions, or disciplinary actions brought against Bolster Risk Management
Bolster Risk Management Limited (FSP731572)
129D Onewa Road, Northcote AUCKLAND
0211 849 007